Whether you are teaching, giving a presentation or creating a screencast, you might want to highlight your cursor so that it stands out making it easier for viewers to follow your mouse movements.
It is very easy to create your own customised cursor using the RealWorld Cursor Editor.
The RealWorld Cursor Editor lets you create and modify static (.cur) and animated cursors (.ani) of any size and color depth. The short little screencast below shows a highlighted-cursor that I created.
You can download this cursor, if you want to try it out and don't want to create your own just yet. Just unzip the file to get the .cur cursor file.
To use your brand new cursor:
1) place a copy of the .cur file in the 'windows/cursors' folder on your computer
2) select control panel, mouse, pointers
3) make sure 'normal select' is highlighted and select browse
4) select your new cursor and then select open
5) finally select apply and then select OK
Don't worry, it is easy to return to your normal cursor, simply navigate back to the mouse pointers tab and select 'use default' and then 'OK' and everything will be back as it was.
realworld cursor editor