The Learning Tools from UBC Arts ISIT are a set of useful eLearning tools that can be used to enhance teaching, while also providing a different learning approach for your students.
Although, several of the tools are specifically geared towards language learners, most of them can be used for any subject area.
The tools include:
- Language Pronunciation Tool - a revolutionary linguistics toolkit designed to enhance a student's comprehension and pronunciation of a particular language.
- Vocabulary Memorization Platform - helps students memorize the spelling of words by playing a series of games.
- Handwriting Tool Handwriting Tool - a language learning tool that helps students learn to write and use Asian characters.
- Timeline Tool - a web- based tool that allows you to construct an interactive timeline with audio and visual effects.
- Multimedia Learning Object Authoring Tool - enables you to easily combine video, audio, images and texts into one synchronized learning object.
- Image Annotation Tool - allows you to upload images and quickly create text boxes referring to parts of a diagram, painting, or photo.
- Image Zoom Tool - allows you to upload large size images and quickly author a presentation with zooming functionalities and text explanation of the image.
- Interactive Video/Transcript Viewer - an application providing a more functional way to view video archives and preserve oral narrative, especially for academic purposes.
- Pachyderm Presentation to VUE Converter - extracts concept mapping information from a Pachyderm presentation.
- FileShare - for sharing large files (up to 2GB per file size) with others.